Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hello, 2016...

Eyes wide open, heart and mind full of designs and ideas...some photo journalling from the past few weeks...


I think the best thing to come home from Oliver's art lesson at school to date!
  This 'lantern' that he decorated, lit our Christmas season every night and will for 
the weeks to come.


Hmmm...the bold contrasts in our living room are making me happy.


I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a beautiful product would have such beautiful packaging.  This from our New Year's Veuve Cliquot...


Our little Charlotte turned FIVE yesterday.  She's been creating the most interesting line drawings recently.


To wind down at bedtime recently, had the urge to colour a portrait of Marie Antoinette.  I quickly printed a colouring sheet I found online onto watercolour paper, but tiiiiiiny (this portrait is only about two and a half inces in diameter).  This activity would have paired nicely with the aforementioned Veuve, now that I come to think of it.  Next time!


Happy New Year to you all!!

10 comments:

  1. I love Oliver's lantern too, that's a cute kid's craft idea :) + your painting is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a festive lantern! Very pretty!
    Colourful gerberas always cheer me up on a grey winter's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lantern is really pretty! Love the Greberas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...And yes about the line drawing looks like you have little Artist there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the handmade lantern :)
    Coloring with an adult beverage sounds like a great way to wind down the night. I might have to steal that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your entire family is so creative. It reminds me of my own childhood. :-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Darling little painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your children have inherited there mother's talents..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, and happy belated birthday to Charlotte! I love the Marie Antoinette portrait. I love the movie with Kirsten Dunst.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...